Scott D. Greenberg
Scott D. Greenberg is the President and Chief Executive Officer of ECD Company. He is a real estate visionary and technologist, who conceived, built and operates various award-winning hospitality, retail, multi-family residential, entertainment, office, industrial and mixed-use developments.
A design perfectionist, Mr. Greenberg has created many landmark properties including:
- Smash Virtual Production Studios, his latest endeavor, a state-of-the-art virtual production sound stage located in Chicago, Illinois serving the TV, film and commercial production industries. Smash Virtual merges computer gaming technology with traditional film and production technologies. To learn more, visit https://www.smashvirtual.com.
- 444 Social, a 302-unit luxury residential apartment community located in Lincolnshire, Illinois. At 444 Social, Mr. Greenberg has elevated the lifestyle residential experience with a variety of innovations in building design and community amenities. To learn more, visit https://www.444social.com.
- Hotel EMC2, a 195-room full-service lifestyle hotel located in downtown Chicago themed around the intersection of Art & Science and one of the top featured hotels within the upper-upper lifestyle Autograph by Marriott Collection Brand®. To learn more, visit https://hotelemc2.com.
- theWit Hotel, a Hilton hotel, a 310-room full-service luxury lifestyle hotel located in downtown Chicago, the interiors of which evoke a conversation between third dimensional objects of art. TheWit Hotel represents one of the most leading-edge designs amongst Hilton brand hotels worldwide. It features the nightclub and restaurant ROOF on theWit, “one of the top three rooftop lounges in the world.” (Travel + Leisure). To learn more, visit https://thewithotel.com.
- CityPark Lincolnshire, a 50-acre mixed-use development in Lincolnshire, Illinois including CityPark Corporate Center and 444 Social.
Mr. Greenberg’s background spans over 30 years in various aspects of low and high-rise construction, land development and financing. With a transaction history totaling over $1 billion, Mr. Greenberg has been directly involved in the ownership, development and operation of hospitality, retail, entertainment, office, industrial, and multi-family properties in addition to complex mixed-use developments and for-sale residential, and rental apartments and condominiums.
While financially conservative, Mr. Greenberg’s formula for success arises from his ability to fuse art, technology, trends and design to deliver uniquely impactful consumer experiences, which consistently outpaces his competition. He revolutionized the lifestyle hotel segment with theWit Hotel, earning the “Developer of the Year” award by Hilton for this signature development, and Hotel EMC2 has been awarded the Autograph Hotel new hotel of the year by Marriott Corporation.
Mr. Greenberg typically looks outside of the industry for inspiration. He is a master of trend-spotting and translating lifestyle behaviors and entertainment into a live experience.
Mr. Greenberg is a member of the Board of Directors of Project SYNCERE, a not-for-profit dedicated to bringing engineering and STEM opportunities to thousands of traditionally underserved youth in Chicago and other urban areas of the country. He is also a member of the Village of Lincolnshire Comprehensive Planning and Steering Committee and an outside advisor and seed investor in Cardiosense, a med tech and clinical AI startup in downtown Chicago.
Mr. Greenberg received a Bachelor’s Degree from Claremont Men’s College and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration from Columbia University.